Business Mathematics is offered to the Common Foundation Sections A, B, C, D, E & F
General Objectives: The main objective of this module is to develop the students’ competence in applying various statistical techniques that are used to collect information, summarize data and analyze quantitative information for decision-making.
On successful completion of the module, each student will able to do:
- Explain the applications of statistics and its uses in the business and economic world
- Demonstrate the classification and organization of data in tabular and graphical form for the data analysis and interpretation
- Distinguish the role of descriptive statistics in summarizing, description and interpretation of the data
- Illustrate the complementary relationship of skewness with measure of central tendency and dispersion in describing a set of data
- Make use of simple linear regression for building models to business data.
- Examine the test of hypothesis to resolve whether a linear relationship actually exists between two variables
- Explain how the method of least square is used to predict values of a dependent variable based and examine whether regression model fits to the data.
- Teacher: Tshewang Phuntsho